Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2046 times)

nigelp

• View Profile
    • New Forest Navigation
Hi
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:40:22 AM »
Hi

Got the book this week & having a good read between looking after toddler son. Setting up to teach navigation next year in the New Forest so keen to see the lesson plans at some point  :)
Hopefully this little group will grow a bit over time & swap some good ideas and experiences.

Nigel

Lyle Brotherton

• Administrator
  • Competent and safe navigation sets you free.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:59:12 AM »
Thanks for signing up NigelP, yes I really hope the forum takes off, it early days (13 days old) so great to have you on-board.

Actually topping & tailing lesson plans so will post them soon. I seem to be chasing my tail recently, Harper Collins have arranged loads of publicity stuff, even some TV, and it consumes so much of my time, but hey ho I am not complaining, its all good for the book.

Who do you plan to instructing the New Forest? Great location by the way :)
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance” - Plato

nigelp

• View Profile
    • New Forest Navigation
Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 01:44:45 PM »
Hi

Well hopefully anyone who want to pay!! Just starting to work things out but forest is very suited to first time & intermediate navigators. Also going to teach some backpacking & campcraft as well all of which I've done training & supervising DOE Gold groups so hoping people want to pay to learn these skills as well.
Next winter I might try some digital mapping workshops as this seems to be quite popular
Now. Early days but surprisingly no one else doing this stuff in the forest.

Have fun promoting you book.

Nigel