Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2610 times)

Mark331

• View Profile
Hello
« on: February 23, 2015, 09:53:18 AM »
Thought I should make a newbie post.
I have joined this forum out of curiosity and interest.  My interest in navigation was given a push following a weekend in the Peak District in 2011.  We started out for a walk as a family with friends on a lovely summers day.  By the time we were on Kinder Scout it was like a full blown winters day with horizontal rain, thick fog and strong wind.  Hands were so cold that holding a map was difficult.  It was more than the importance of navigation that was learned on that day.  However, my son and I went back in December when the area was covered in snow, better equipped and prepared and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  Since then we have done a reasonable amount of hill walking including winter skills in Scotland and Wales.  Now my 10 year old daughter is a better navigator than I was back in 2011 (mainly due to me reading the book and enjoying educating her).
I am looking forward to learning more good stuff from the forum.  Also looking forward to receiving my navigation pack which was ordered (and dispatched) yesterday.
Thanks!

Lost Soul

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:07:46 AM »
Welcome Mark331 to a great friendly and very informative forum.

ianj37

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 07:40:08 PM »
Again, welcome Mark331. This may not be the fastest forum but as Lost Soul has said it's very friendly, no rages however silly a question may seem, and when I've asked for advice I've have found the knowledge of members is second to none.

boogyman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 06:51:13 PM »
Hi Mark, a warm welcome from Belgium too -- be it a bit late  ;)

Brynglas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:42:38 PM »
Hi Mark,

Welcome. This forum, whilst not particularly busy is a fantastic resource and a great place for Answers!