Author Topic: Hello Lyle  (Read 2495 times)

Michelle

• View Profile
Hello Lyle
« on: October 05, 2011, 11:25:56 PM »
Lyle

I loved your presentation at the ALSAR conference, it was interesting and informative and presented with such enthusiasm. I have heard nothing but positive feedback from others in attendance and look forward to attending training some time in the near future.

I also enjoyed our conversations over a drink, even if you did abandon me at 1:00am  ;)

Retiring now with a good book (i hope)

Lyle Brotherton

• Administrator
  • Competent and safe navigation sets you free.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Lyle
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 08:30:55 AM »
Welcome aboard Michelle, the forum is still new and we are making steady progress in growing it. Thank you for your kind words, the conference was excellent and in no small part as a resultof your endeavours!
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance” - Plato

Lyle Brotherton

• Administrator
  • Competent and safe navigation sets you free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 07:46:23 AM »
Hi Michelle, it was actually 21:55 hrs as the bar had run out of orange juice - just in case my wife is reading this Forum - ;)

Have been away for the past few days training a team then onto Edinburgh Mountain Film Festival where I gave a talk for mountain rescue. Will put a post in the blog about this event.

ALSAR conference was great both from a professional perspective and a personal one, there is always a terrific atmosphere when lik-minded folk get together and there happens to be a bar!

I know that Mark G has been in touch with you about joining his local LSAR and is now in the process of applying. If folk would like, we can start a topic on different volunteer SAR organisations and how folk can learn more with a view to joining them. Might also be a place where existing members share their experiences; the ups & downs of making such a commitment, I know that I have in the past struggled making the time for weekly training and callouts always seem like buses, nothing then all arrive at once!
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance” - Plato

Michelle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
My watch must have been playing up.

It is great to see that through this forum, 3 people have already made contact with their local search teams

The world of SAR is great. You meet like minded people, venture off the beaten track and there is always someone to answer any related questions. There is so much variety in what you learn, how you can get involved, and how much time you can give.