Author Topic: Great little bag for your Garmin 62s  (Read 3328 times)

99ster

• View Profile
Great little bag for your Garmin 62s
« on: December 21, 2012, 11:50:12 AM »

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16871&category_id=250

The lining is nice thick, furry fleece - perfect to protect a Garmin 62s when it's in your pack...

Lyle Brotherton

• Administrator
  • Competent and safe navigation sets you free.
    • View Profile
Re: Great little bag for your Garmin 62s
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 09:12:52 AM »
Jim at £4 it is a snip. I certainly highly recommend that folk protect their handheld satnavs, placing them in a case of some sort, from abrasion and this little bag has the advantage of protecting them from knocks and bumps.

Again, Garmin confound me, they put such an obvious amount of time, effort and no doubt money into developing excellent handheld satnavs yet they fail completely in providing descent ancillary items, a good protective case being one such item, even screen covers. This week I was asked by a group if I could help them set up their Montana 650t satnavs, as they felt the accompanying instructions were quote 'Rubbish!' 
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance” - Plato

99ster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 01:35:02 AM »
The one I ordered arrived in the post.  Quality is really impressive for £4 (I think the postage was free as well).  Only negative is that it's a VERY tight fit for a 62s.  So not ideal for taking in & out on when in use - but for protective storage in your pack it's definitely useful.  For a smaller model of GPS, or an expensive (and delicate) smart phone that you don't want rattling around in a pack, or pocket - would maybe be even more useful.  The retailer 'Alpkit' also do a whole range of other interesting accessories & kit - all at what look to be very reasonable prices...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:36:42 AM by 99ster »

99ster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 01:39:02 AM »
Completely agree with you about the Garmin accessories Lyle - the lack of decent cases or screen protector is baffling!

Callum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 09:49:12 AM »
Thanks Jim, just what we have been looking for to protect our etrexes, and yes, free postage, great price :)

99ster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 01:13:15 PM »
Just tried it with an eTrex H - perfect fit...snug as a bug in a rug.
I would think it would also help battery life in cold environments as it must provide a fair amount of insulation from the cold (nice thick fleece inside the Cordura outer bag that has its own inner closure).
Not far from being a 'no brainer' for £4!