Author Topic: Snowdon in winter conditions  (Read 4901 times)

adi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Snowdon in winter conditions
« on: March 22, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »
Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team in action on Snowdon in winter conditions on 21st March 2013.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6RLu-LwRZM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6RLu-LwRZM</a>
"We do not belong to those who only get their thought from books, or at the prompting of books - it is our custom to think in the open air, walking, leaping, climbing or dancing, of lonesome mountains by preference, or close to the sea, where even the paths become thoughtful." Friedrich Nietzsche

Hobbo

• Man, likes camping, hiking and running.
    • View Profile
Re: Snowdon in winter conditions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 05:37:13 PM »
That's a great video.  Hope it gets lots of views.
I don't know it all and when I think I do, I tend to find karma is just around the corner...

Lost Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 01:11:58 PM »
Thanks Adi, agree with Hobbo.

Lyle Brotherton

• Administrator
  • Competent and safe navigation sets you free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 03:20:25 PM »
Terrific video Adi and so on the button - having the right kit and the right winter skills and watching the Westland Sea King descend in the background belies the skill of the pilot and winchman who as a team make its approach look so smooth considering they are in a bus that is over 40 years old and flying into a headwind at well over half the maximum speed of the aircraft, effectively landing on a pin whilst moving at 70mph – total respect.

I was speaking with Duncan, Senior RAF Winchman, earlier this week who was telling me that the aircrews are so overstretched added to which, because in two years they will no longer be providing the service, are working with a lot of equipment that otherwise would have been renewed or replaced.

Something politicians, of all colours, are really good at, is throwing away skillsets and services that we as a Nation have taken years to build and perfect and believe me, our RAF SAR teams are the envy of the world.
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance” - Plato

Pete McK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 08:28:41 AM »
AWOLNATION - the best!

Lyle Brotherton

• Administrator
  • Competent and safe navigation sets you free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 12:10:48 PM »
Took me a while Pete :) Great soundtrack.
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance” - Plato

boogyman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 07:34:27 PM »

adi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 08:48:34 PM »
Sail baby! Love it.
"We do not belong to those who only get their thought from books, or at the prompting of books - it is our custom to think in the open air, walking, leaping, climbing or dancing, of lonesome mountains by preference, or close to the sea, where even the paths become thoughtful." Friedrich Nietzsche

Hobbo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11:52 AM »
This is also a good video to accompany the track. Quite famous, hence the large number of views...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k
I don't know it all and when I think I do, I tend to find karma is just around the corner...

adi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 11:38:26 AM »
I enjoy Grinding The Crack!

Hobbo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 11:46:32 AM »