Author Topic: This weekend I am away doing a Medic course  (Read 3471 times)

adi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This weekend I am away doing a Medic course
« on: September 28, 2012, 03:37:12 PM »
This weekend I am doing the ECP medic course.  This course is recognised and signed off by the Liverpool School for Tropical Medicine.

SUBJECT INCLUDE:
Pre-Expedition Planning
Casualty Prioritisation Techniques
Expedition Medical Equipment
Primary & Secondary Assessment
Altitude Medicine
Resuscitation Update
Measuring Blood Pressure
Airway Management
Spinal Immobilisation
Defibrillation
Communication Equipment
Pain Relief Analgesia/Anaesthesia
Administration of Medical Gases
Wound Management
Bones, Joints & Tissue Injuries
IV Injections
IM & SC Injections
Suturing in the Field
Legal Issues
Travel Medicine
"We do not belong to those who only get their thought from books, or at the prompting of books - it is our custom to think in the open air, walking, leaping, climbing or dancing, of lonesome mountains by preference, or close to the sea, where even the paths become thoughtful." Friedrich Nietzsche

Callum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: This weekend I am away doing a Medic course
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »
A lot to cover in a weekend Adi, are you going to open up a clinic afterwards ;)

Pete McK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »
Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend Adi, how much is it costing you?

adi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »
LOL I have had to build up to this point, normally it is only open to Paramedics, Nurses and Doctors who have professional medical qualification so I am lucky to get on it.

I have been running a back street clinic for some years now ;) lol

For family and friends! 
"We do not belong to those who only get their thought from books, or at the prompting of books - it is our custom to think in the open air, walking, leaping, climbing or dancing, of lonesome mountains by preference, or close to the sea, where even the paths become thoughtful." Friedrich Nietzsche

adi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 04:35:58 PM »
Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend Adi, how much is it costing you?

Someone has dropped out so I have paid enough to cover the admin cost and certification cost  ;)

Callum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 04:41:17 PM »
Well done Adi, you deserve it :)

It would be really interesting to hear how you get on this weekend, I am sure this type of medicine will be of great interest to many of the forum members. Have a good one ;)

adi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »
I hope to get some photos if it is aloud and I get time but I will write about it on my return.

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 04:39:59 PM »
This weekend I am doing the ECP medic course.  This course is recognised and signed off by the Liverpool School for Tropical Medicine.

Did you get your certificate Adi? If you have I've got this little problem I'd like you to take a look at - not really sure where I picked it up from but 'Dettol' didn't clear it up.  ;)