Author Topic: Christmas 2012  (Read 3731 times)

Callum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Christmas 2012
« on: December 24, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »
Traditional mountain bike ride, over a designated track across the fells, followed by a hot shower, lots of mud and heavy rain here, then down to the local pub, where the landlord puts on a great Christmas Eve buffet, has a log fire and serves great hand-pulled pints of Black Sheep Bitter.

Happy Christmas everyone :)

Lost Soul

• View Profile
Re: Christmas 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »
Sounds wonderful.  Enjoy.

Also happy christmas to all.

Leon

Egg

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 04:07:55 PM »
Just back from a couple of hours Nordic walking in the very muddy local woods. Sky's as black as night but it's actually stopped raining.
After a soak in the bath we'll be chilling out with an Italian and some nice wine tonight.
Then it's all go for the turkey fest tomorrow.  :)

Have a good Christmas everyone.

Cheers  Bob
Everyday's a school day...

Lyle Brotherton

• Administrator
  • Competent and safe navigation sets you free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 04:26:54 PM »
Egg & Cal, your days sounded terricf. I too had a real day of adventure, just having returned from working in the States. The toilet seat needed fixing, the kitchen tap that has dripped for 6 months, 2 ceiling lights needed replacing that require caving into the attic and then a trip to ASDA Galashiels, where the rest of Scotland were stocking up for when we go over the Fiscal Cliff :)

Judy has our home looking beautiful and I have that great male security thing satisfied with a fridge full of food!

Happy Christmas to each and every one of you, I hope you all enjoy a great holiday.

PS Barry G If you can spend all of your Christmas working on satnav accuracy in NE America please ;)
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance” - Plato

Pete McK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 04:32:26 PM »
Managed to make it, despite the travel chaos caused by the torrential rain, to the south-west. Long walks along the cliffs tops of North Devon to walk off my hangover(s), which begin tonight in a pub serving scrumpy ::)

Happy Christmas everybody :) :) :)

Barry G

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »
A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of my new friends here in the forum. This year has been a break out year for me, not many times in ones life do you get to start over and I've had that blessing with the navigation stuff. Lyle, thanks especially to you because it was my discovering your videos that started this all for me! I now take my sat/nav every place I go along with my new topo map of my area (the great Northeast of the USA). Life is good and I love this stuff.

Barry
"What  is, is best"

Lyle Brotherton

• Administrator
  • Competent and safe navigation sets you free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
Happy New Year Folks :)
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance” - Plato

Pete McK

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 09:49:19 AM »
Happy New Year everybody:)

a word of warning - I will be posting photos of our Christmas Alpine Ski trip later today - just in case it has been wet and miserable in Blighty ;)