Author Topic: Hello form North Dartmoor  (Read 2155 times)

arthursc

• View Profile
    • Southwest Deer and Wildlife Management
Hello form North Dartmoor
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:20:11 AM »
Hi,
Having purchased Lyle's book and then had conversations with him regarding my un and coming trip to Montana, I figured I ought to sign up and in.
I live in Okehampton, Devon. I work at the MetOffice....IT not anything to do with the weather... ::)

I am a qualified deer manager and game keeper. I walk dartmoor every weekend and will hopefully be doing the old fogies Ten Tors in June..i'm only 46!! ;)
 Regards
Colin

Pete McK

• View Profile
Re: Hello form North Dartmoor
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:33:09 AM »
Welcome Colin

Terrific part of the world, the 10 tors is on our ever increasing list of events to complete! West Highland Way is our big challenge this year.

Watching the news, is everyone moving up to the Tors in the floods ;D Weather in Cumbria torrential.

Lyle Brotherton

• Administrator
  • Competent and safe navigation sets you free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 02:31:09 PM »
Good to have you on-board Colin  :)

I am sure when you share your Expedition plans other forum members will share their tips and experience to help you.
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance” - Plato

adi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »
Dartmoor and the Met office well not the MetrO but the weather) two things close to my heart, can I ask your role in the met office? I am an enthusiast, I have storm chased all over the world and can't get enough of convective weather. I love modifying Skew-T's!

Oh and deer stalking that makes that 3 things close to my heart. I have knocked over a deer or two in my time whilst growing up on Exmoor.

They have an old Fogies 10 tours now? Do they still have the Exmoor Perambulation.

Montana sound like a good trip you might be lucky and see some weather out there and the shooting should be great.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:29:01 PM by adi »
"We do not belong to those who only get their thought from books, or at the prompting of books - it is our custom to think in the open air, walking, leaping, climbing or dancing, of lonesome mountains by preference, or close to the sea, where even the paths become thoughtful." Friedrich Nietzsche