Author Topic: Flanders is drowning  (Read 4636 times)

boogyman

• View Profile
Flanders is drowning
« on: January 19, 2015, 06:04:27 PM »
Over the last few weeks we've had a lot of precipitation, so one expects a lot of water out there. But this much? These pictures are taken not so far from where I live, while hiking last Saturday. Admitted, the area is called "riverland", but still...

Locus

• View Profile
Re: Flanders is drowning
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 10:38:07 PM »
Looks familar. My area has been suffering badly with flooding in the last few years and in some areas it still has not recovered. Because I live in the lowlands, the rights of way trails we can go on also become unpleasant at this time of year too, because everybody is funneled onto the same routes - horses, bikers, hikers. It creates a stamp, slice and stomp effect that turns trails into muddy porridge and particulary across farmland around gates where cattle have been, it can be like traversing a swamp ;D

Locus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 10:40:39 PM »
In particular, the terrain on this photo from your gallery.

boogyman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 09:31:27 AM »
In particular, the terrain on this photo from your gallery.
There are indeed whole stretches of paths which look like that, after all the rain and snow we had.

But, and there's a good chance you had not noticed that, this here is also "the path". There's more than 20 cm water on it, over a length of more than hundred meters...