Author Topic: Ruggidised Smartphones  (Read 2605 times)

Lyle Brotherton

• Administrator
  • Competent and safe navigation sets you free.
    • View Profile
Ruggidised Smartphones
« on: December 20, 2013, 12:22:26 PM »
We have had so much discussion about ruggidised smartphones on  the Forum, indeed I was excited when the Galaxy S4 first appeared, only to be disappointed after testing.

However, I keep an open mind and this morning I have received an email from my good buddy, Sgt Sean Kirsch, USAF, who has just obtained one of these new toys - The Nautiz X1

The spec is indeed impressive: It has an IP67 ingress protection rating, which means it’s fully dust- and waterproof and can withstand immersion in water, and it also meets stringent MIL-STD-810G military test standards for enduring humidity, vibration, shock and extreme high and low temperatures. In particular, the saphire based 'unscratchable' screen is impressive as is the claimed whopping 72 hrs standby provided by the 3660 mAh Li-Ion battery - I see a new toy for Christmas ;)

http://www.nautiz.com/x1/

“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance” - Plato

krenaud

• View Profile
Re: Ruggidised Smartphones
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 02:58:05 PM »
Of course it's great, it's Swedish! :)

I've heard good things about the build quality from friends. Not so good things about performance where it is on the lower end.

boogyman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:05:57 AM »
Has anyone tried out this Nautiz X1 "Christmas Toy"?
And on the same note: anyone tried the Xperia M2 Aqua?

Angle of Repose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »
Very cool. I love electronics but if they cannot withstand the abuse of mother nature, they will fail quickly.

Don't know if you guys have discussed this handheld:
http://www.meetearl.com

Still vaporware, but I like the idea. I am currently working on a prototype android tablet radio system I hope to have up and running in the next few weeks. I will post it on here if anyone has any interest in it.
"You can't get there from here"

boogyman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 07:03:46 PM »
I am currently working on a prototype android tablet radio system I hope to have up and running in the next few weeks. I will post it on here if anyone has any interest in it.
I'm interested to learn more about it AoR.