Author Topic: The Disaster Continues  (Read 2648 times)

Lost Soul

• View Profile
The Disaster Continues
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:26:47 AM »
Apple Maps is still causing problems and has now become downright dangerous.  Well at least in some parts of the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20663447

One can only conclude that Apple is a wholly irresponsible company.  Even though it will be fully aware of public safety issues with this disastrous navigation app it continues to promote it.  One can only conclude that its sole concerns are market share and profits.   Significantly aided by duping the buying public into parting with hard earned cash for products that are most definitely not all things to all boys and girls.

Ahh that is better rant over.   :D

Callum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Disaster Continues
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:38:52 AM »
I'll join your rant Lost Soul. I bought all the paraphernalia, so I could mount my iPhone in my car and use it at the vehicles satnav. On several occaisions it has tried to take me on routes ignoring better roads, to the point that I have stopped using it and bought a £50 Tom Tom from Morrisons. The story you posted really highlights that Apple see themselves selling a fashion accessory and we are the suckers who have bought one :(

Skills4Survival

• Know the concepts !
    • View Profile
Re: The Disaster Continues
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 10:35:26 AM »
Actually, there is no real reason to assume that Apple would be any good at this. Point is that they are one of the most successful companies in the world, specially if you look to the amount of different products they have compared to the amount of people they have as employees and the % of success on those products (apart from how good they are really). 90% marketing success but....that does not matter for the shareholders. Although this one gives them some bad publicity.
Ivo