Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 865 times)

ianj37

Greetings
« on: August 03, 2012, 09:01:30 PM »
Hi, just joined so greetings from me. I found the web site before I found the book, now I have both and I'm very grateful.
I'm based in Nottingham and in the 1970's used towalk  regularly in the Peak District. Over time my trips decreased and my girth increased until 2010 I found myself very close to 19 stone (sorry, too old to do metric unless absolutely necessary and decided soemthing had to be done.

Having lost 6 stone and now retired (but still onbly 60!) I'm back visiting the  Preak District, especially Kinder Scout, and refreshing my navigation skills - no mountains like you have in Scotland and the Lakes but this area can get a little challenging (atleast for me) in the middle of the plateau in mist.

Ian

Brian

• View Profile
    • Animal Crackers
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:32:45 AM »
Welcome aboard, Ian.  You'll like this little corner of the world.  Good people, and very smart.

Callum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 09:30:23 AM »
Hi Ian and welcome.

Yes the Peaks are a magnificent area and in poor weather are as challenging as anywhere in Scotland or the Lakes. Still one of my favourite areas to hike and cave.

Batesy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:58:46 AM »
Hi Ian, welcome to the Forum!
I do most of my walking in the Peak District too (mostly the Dark Peak) - a great area to walk and, being flat up top and featureless (apart from the 3m peat groughs!) a definitely challenging navigational area...in poor weather at least!
Enjoy!
Steve